Old 09-08-17, 06:25 PM   #13
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
I have two browser.

The one I use daily and one I use on occasion.

Skybird wrote:

Explorer: dont cry for it. No other browser got attacked as much as this one. Fail.

Can't say if he's right or not about this statement, I do know however that every FB-friends and other online friends who have been hacked, tried to be hacked or other bad things have or had Chrome-

This made me remember an article I once read in a Computer magasin (while I was waiting at the barbershop)

"Though more a software or similar gets though more the hacker get interested in it, it has to reach about 50.000 or more before the hacker start looking at it with interest"

In the beginning Chrome wasn't that popular or was quite new-Hackers didn't bother to make virus program for this browser-Now everyone is taking about Chrome, everyone is saying a person with his brain in order use Chrome a.s.o.

year maybe-but it also makes the hacker a lot more interested in

That is my conclusion after having talked with my FB-friends and other friends when I ask them-Which browser do you use and they all have said-Chrome.

Markus
The more popular a browser or operaiton system is, the more thnakful a target it becomes. Thats why you see a correlation bertween popularity of a software, and the number of attacks on it. You code one malware - and reach many users with it. That was why the older Opera until severla years ago was quite safe, it had no big user base. That also is why Linux does not get attacked as much as Windows, it has a minimal user base in the private user segment. Intially Android was safe, with popularity came the attacks, Now even the webstore by Google is no longer the sterile security zone it once has been.

If you want to reduce the chances of attacks aiming at software you usek, use software that is not popular and not widespread. You get no guarantee, but you push chances in your favour. Thats why I use no stuff by Adobe, Microsoft, no Java, no flashplayer etc.