View Single Post
Old 09-08-17, 06:15 PM   #11
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webster View Post
well firefox works great until you come across certain websites that have some sort of compatibility issues which I assume are somehow cookie related, but if you use one of those websites it goes into endless cookie loading and being blocked issues until it freezes, then you have to reload the page and it happens again. sometimes its not the main page but when you open a forum post is when it does it. its just one or two websites I have issues with but I use those 40% of my online activity so its something of a huge problem for me but I don't know what is so different about those websites software that causes issues

I love using firefox except for this issue but its very similar to the problems explorer has where some pages wont load because of (im assuming) the same loading cookies issues. plus explorer is slow as a turtle
Well, I have a lot of thigns switched off any must activate them per websire again. Active scripts, pop ups, Java, cookies. If website depebd ion cookies, and you do not allow themn, then it is logical that the website doe snot correctly load. On some website, you have to allow compromise, if you realyl want to visit them.

My idea is that thigns should not happen automatically. A pop-up with commercials shoupold not pop up in the firstm, but when it does, it shall not run its script autmatially, since such popups can be malware-infested, and you do not want to havbe malware scripots runnign automatically. So I use browser settigns and addons to have such stuff manually allowed every tikme it happens or I visit a site.

If I do not give certain permissions, sites will not load.

I suspect you have your cookie policies tuned too tight, excluding too much stuff. Try to loosen it a bit - but not with Explorer, but Firefox.