View Single Post
Old 09-08-17, 05:23 AM   #4
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Chrome is secure from a malware-related point. No other browsers get patched as often and quickly. The big negative is that Google denies you any privacy with it. Security top, privacy flop. Fail.

Explorer: dont cry for it. No other browser got attacked as much as this one. Fail.

Firefox: the only browser amongst the big ones that I know that allows oyu both security and privacy. Seal it up, have a few addons adding to safety (ask for adds and I gove a short list), and enjoy. If you constantly run into problems with it, then most likely the prioblem is with your generla system, connection, whatever. The browser itself runs very stable both under Windows 7 and Linux Mint. Pass.

You could check out Opera. Years ago I used it, and it was quite good in security and privacy, but then they messed up the UI and thought they had to reinvent the wheel, and it became a mess and they lost half their user base, they also went with some stuff by Google. I have not followed it since years anymore, I am happy with Firefox now. But Opera is maybe worth to be re-checked out. But I promise you nothing. Unknown.

My vote goes for Firefox.