View Single Post
Old 07-25-07, 12:02 PM   #221
DirtyACE
Engineer

Downloads: 28
Uploads: 0

Guys, thank you very much for your advice and clearing up some things for me. I have spent some time on this forum lurking around reading about GWX and other things, so I do know in some ways what the mod is about but not everything. Here are some more questions:

1. Can you explain to me what exactly is the purpose of JSGME? Is this program needed to run GWX?

2. I was looking at the downloads for GWX and found some file called GWXsetup.exe. It's a large file (over 700mb). Is this the same mod as well?

3. I read in one thread on the Grey Wolves mod (GWX) that you should not upgrade your sub before the first patrol, only after you have come back from it. And there were a few other things mentioned that you should avoid doing because the game may crash. Does this advice still apply to the current version of the GWX?

4. I read in one of the threads that either the SH3Cmdr or SH3Gen allows you to fiddle around with your profile or even create a new one. Should I in that case create a new profile using one of these programs or should I still do it within the actual game?

I'm really eager to try the mods as I've read many great things about them, especially GWX. Any word on when the 1.4 version will be ready?

I'm also having some trouble sinking ships with torpedoes, that's why I'm doing the whole academy thing first. I did read the community manual recently which has explained many concepts, but I feel like it'll take me a good number of missions/patrols to get the hang of tracking/intercepting ships or convoys and then actually setting up an ambush. Do most of you guys play with the automatic targeting and solution calculations or do you do it manually?

Thanks again everyone for all your help. I really do appreciate it!
DirtyACE is offline   Reply With Quote