View Single Post
Old 11-09-17, 12:23 AM   #1
GoldenRivet
Subsim Aviator

Downloads: 146
Uploads: 0

Default strike from the sea

well eleven times tonight i have tried strike from the sea with the same result each time.

very frustrating.

on the last attempt i spent about an hour IRL traveling north almost to the edge of the map. launched 4 TLAMs, reloaded while i headed east, Launched 4 more and continued east diving to 50 foot to the floor.

i had about a dozen of those SS-N-14 SILEX missiles launched at me. but it didnt matter. because the damned bomber flew over and with pinpoint accuracy depth bombed me.

i cant stand these stupid TLAM missions - its a death sentence in the campaign to the point that i just dont do them. i sail around sinking subs until it fails the mission.

EDIT: somehow... i think the bomber is able to detect me by sonar, WITHOUT having buoys in the water. its like i dive to a few hindered feet and increase to 15 knots and it makes a b-line for me from several miles away and drops bombs directly on my conning tower hatch. by the time it gets to where i launched the missiles i am a good few thousand yards away from my launch point... shouldnt it have to drop a buoy and listen? instead of homing right in?

Last edited by GoldenRivet; 11-09-17 at 12:33 AM.
GoldenRivet is offline   Reply With Quote