View Single Post
Old 12-15-21, 01:22 PM   #2
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by kacpro090 View Post
Hello,
I'm mainly an SH3 player, but I'm planning to get Silent Hunter 4 in the future. I wanted to ask some questions regarding the mods.
Quote:
1. Which megamod is better (stable, look good etc.), Trigger Maru Overhauled or Fall of The Rising Sun?
this is very personal question and if you ask 10 people for their opinion you will get 11 different answers. it is best if you play them, one at a time and decide for yourself. One note, when you decide to play TMO, d/l the updated version by Bubblehead1980.
Quote:
2. Can I use the Improved Stock Environment (ISE) mod with TMO or FOTRS?
you can apply that mod as the first mod but i suspect that either of the two megamods will make changes.
Quote:
3. Should I get the Steam version, or the CD version? (compatibility question)
i always buy hard media. when you install, do NOT install it in the default Windows folder. Create a new Ubisoft folder off the root drive (C:, D:, whatever)
Quote:
4. From the Wolfpack's latest SH4 series I noticed that the SH4 water looks very jelly-like for me. Is there any mod to make the watter look better?
this probably depends on your vid card and its capabilities. i, myself, do not see the same thing as you, so it is best if others answer this question.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is online   Reply With Quote