View Single Post
Old 02-22-22, 05:18 PM   #811
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridley View Post
I have been playing SH3 in all of it's guises for 17 years, I have logged thousands of hours playing it. In all of those hours I have never had an issue with it multitasking. And yes when I started having issues with GWR I went back to basics and just let it do its thing but even without MT it just locked the computer requiring a hard boot.

So rather than being all supercilious and condescending perhaps either actually try to be helpful or change the writing style or just butt out.
No two computers are alike, and I only have one of four that shell-out to windows without too much grief. Generally though, the troubles with the other three are just graphic or audio issues in the game itself. When the game is trying to load though, it does indeed take all available resources of your system, since it knows no better. Your problem does not sound like that though. Firstly, you supplied minimal detail of your situation with the game or the computer. It's not until in the fourth post that you state you are a long-time player. But still nothing about what you did for the SH3 install or mod activation. Folks have to assume the basics when there is no information to go by for accurate help.

My questions (again, basic) would be have you activated the 4Gig Patch (if necessary) on the SH3.exe? Did you empty the Save folder, or use MultiSH3 to create a new Save folder? If you have done those, then I am out of ideas, unless you would happen to post your mod list, if it is more than just GWR2020.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote