View Single Post
Old 08-27-22, 02:12 PM   #10
BrendaEM
Mate

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

@Onkel Neal, well, for now, I am just working on the plain fields. In my hasty test, the geometry is split at the "Ivory" and gray paint line. I don't know if on your sub model if the the paint texture has 2 colors, or if there is also a split in the geometry to differentiate the paint colors.

Certainly, once the textures are done, textures could be made from them with an imperfect paint line, which could be slightly apparent in the bumpmap.

In order to make something like a paint line or other textures that work with the geometry, I would need to know the absolute pixel scale of the textures, such as: How many texture pixels high is the paint line, in the largest texture resolution?

Also, I have seen different paint lines around the bulkhead doors. Some have the gray coming straight down from the left and right quadrant of the hatch, yet the ivory goes down lower. In some compartments, there is a lot of gray.

In my quick test, I have scaled the textures so they would repeat about twice in a long compartment, or make it across the beam of the sub once.

Also noting: there was 2 grays and 2 cream/ivory overcoat colors inside the subs. Looking at the chart some paint was fire-retardant.

For now, I will try some uniform touch-ups on the paint field textures. I've got to get tablet drivers on my laptop, too.

Thank you for the reply.
BrendaEM is offline   Reply With Quote