View Single Post
Old 02-01-23, 03:14 PM   #8
kapuhy
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 72
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Do you have the planes set to Elite (CrewRating=4)? That is almost a necessity in ASW planes, and improves their "maneuvering".
Hmm, I've done my testing on Veteran which is default rating. Now, I just repeated test on Elite with weird results - default unchanged AI did drop bombs with Catalina, though it missed by a lot, while changed AI achieved a direct hit but took more time to drop a bomb. Will have to make further tests on Elite rating I guess.

Edit: Wait I take that back. I mistakenly set "Poor" crew rating instead of Elite. Which makes it weirder still: "Poor" default AI (by default I mean unchanged IRAI script in this case) does drop bombs on moving target, and in first pass to boot! It doesn't hit, sure. But actual "Elite" AI, just like "Veteran", does not drop a bomb at all making endless dry runs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
If the airplane makes visual contact, it almost always drops bombs on the first pass, and strafes the water and/or (surely) diving boat.
Not the case in SH5. Dropping bombs on first pass is a rarity except for level bombers (who do drop bombs but miss by an entire zipcode).

Edit: case in point - look at the video embedded in this post: https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...08&postcount=1

Last edited by kapuhy; 02-01-23 at 05:34 PM.
kapuhy is offline   Reply With Quote