View Single Post
Old 03-27-24, 02:40 AM   #2155
Silentmauri89
Seaman

Downloads: 207
Uploads: 0
Default Operation drumbeat

Good morning, Captains.
I just realized now - after many campaigns - that I never encountered a plane equipped with Leigh lights.
I play mainly after Dec 41 - with frequent campaigns in the late war period (43-44.) - but besides deadly destroyers; besides deadly hunter killers groups; besides evil warplanes that unleash the hell on me every time I pop my conning tower out of the water, I was never attacked during the night with Leigh lights - even when not equipped with RWR.
I usually start campaigns with 1941 or 1943 allied air coverage, but even like that - no Leigh lights.
I usually travel submerged at night, but when I dare to run on the surface, I'm not getting surprised and attacked by planes equipped with leigh lights.
I'm not complaining at all, and until now, the warplanes have been a real problem during my navigation; and I was sunk, around ...15 times, I guess - so, Thank you, FIFI: Your mod has finally revived all my passion for this fantastic videogame.
When they find me, it is usually too late to dive without getting blown up few feet below the surface - so my best choice is: Full ahead flank, rudder to the side where the planes are coming from, and: Let the flak guns sing!

So, my question: Is it just a case that I don't get Leigh lighted during navigation, or maybe there's something else?

- All set, Sir!
Silentmauri89 is online   Reply With Quote