View Single Post
Old 04-26-20, 07:01 PM   #1410
Luno
Ensign

Downloads: 123
Uploads: 0

Good afternoon Skippers,

I just wanted to give a big thanks and shout out to the devs who made this mod. I am currently playing with SH4 1.5 and RFB 2.0 and it is awesome! I have a few questions:

I took a look at the April 2010 patch and it looks like it offers some important fixes. However, I do not understand the reasoning behind some of the changes.

1) For instance, in RFB 2.0, The binos have a crosshair with lines for calculating distance. This is more historically accurate than the stadimeter split-image we get in the TBT. The stadimeter was used in periscopes only, as I understand.

In the April 2010 patch, this was reverted back to some stock format with lines that don't seem to mean anything.

What would be the best way to go about messing with this again so I can use realistic distance measurements in the binos and TBT?

2) The Earth's diameter was increased to increase viewing distance (reduce earth's curvature). How is this like to play with? This seems like a pretty extreme way to address the problem of the watch crew calling out visual contacts before the player. Is this also why sub ranges were increased?

Hope everyone has a great day!
Victories: 1 Merchants (4519 GRT), 0 Warships (0 GRT), 0 Aircraft
Sunk with all hands lost.

Luno is offline   Reply With Quote