Thread: The Hunter
View Single Post
Old 04-14-14, 06:32 AM   #101
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Since late summer last year I had immense technical problems with their server as well, their updates froze and ended in taking hours and hours to download even a mere 10 MB update, with several attempts needed to even get that one done. First reacting polite, then patient and silent, next very cool and finally openly angry a month ago, that did nothing than earning me public attacks even when just stating the obvious. They did release quite some eye candy (for money) and new items (for money), but did not honour for over half a year the payments made in form of mandatory fees, and that finally really pissed me, and others.

With their latest server move, updates still come extremely slow and unreliably, but at last they do not freeze anymore. So I play it again, after all, it is a very good game indeed, but I do not invest anymore additional, money into except the mandatory yearly fee. Which at least is not as expensive as for example the hilarious pricing model of TES Online (which will never see me joining it).

I would tolerate the money-making additional offerings, after all you are free to pass on them, but that they failed to repair fundamental basics for so long time is what has left me in anger about them.

So, my relation with them has cooled very much. I do not give it up completely, the setting and ghraphcis and gameplay is just too good. 15 Euros per half a year, is okay.

The inventory bug sporadically still shows up. They have not solved it by that server movement. And the map takes longer now to load.

Advice of the day: if you are interested in the gameplay, go for it it, but buy only the essential kit so that you can hunt all species - not more: sufficient wepains to legally hunt all species, one camo set, some basic lures, binocular - in principle that's it. The new two flying species I would even pass on, the needed equipment is a money sink, really: up to 23 items, weapon and clothes not counted! Very bad joke.