View Single Post
Old 02-19-21, 09:16 AM   #2764
ETAIPOS
Swabbie

Downloads: 17
Uploads: 0

I found two small questionable situations

In my first patrol in (USS Salmon, Manila) I was sent first for useless 10 day patrolling off south coast of Hainan, finishing that, I was called to Lingayen where I arrived in 22/23 December night. I slipped past patrols in the mouth of the gulf and found landing force there. Reported to COMSUBPAC and I was ordered to sink large troop transports. The problem? There was not a single one. The landing force was composed of small passenger carriers, medium and large freighters. I sank 2 passenger, one medium and 2 large freighters but objective was not fulfilled.

It seems a bug as mission do not correspond to actual landing TF composition.

On a side note, after finishing the patrol in the mouth of Lingayen Gulf (including short shadowing of TF with 2x Kongo, 2-3xCA and large oiler), I was not given other orders so I decided to investigate Borneo on the way to Surabaya. While on the way (about 40 miles North from Palawan) I spotted and sunk small TF - HSK Michel and 6,5k ton Japanese freighter.

Why is Michel classified as Widder class? The model is clearly Michel, not Widder.

Last edited by ETAIPOS; 02-19-21 at 09:29 AM.
ETAIPOS is offline   Reply With Quote