View Single Post
Old 03-26-14, 01:50 PM   #4590
gazpode_l
中国水兵

Downloads: 50
Uploads: 0

With more private "Me" Time on my hands I've once again started to play SH3 again.

Decided to Launch myself a totally fresh campaign and are starting out in March 1941. (Picked March as this is the month now, and 1941 because I had got to mid 1943 before now but didn't want to roll myself too far Back)

Commander's name: Bruno Kerstan
Ship/Boot Detail: U107, Type IXB, Based 2nd Flotilla, Lorient

Skipper's Log:-
BK: Due to brilliant results in training I've been given one of the shiny NEW IX type boats. I am to command U-107. We are due to sail on March 1st 1941. Weather looks good for departure, although I hear we've been assigned patrol Grid in the FF Sector. Forecast for that area is currently looking grim with Strong E'rly's predicted.

1/3/1941
Set sail as predicted. Full load of torpedoes, including a handful of the new black ones, which supposedly have a better warhead and improved magnetic fuses. We'll See. NAV predicts that we should arrive in our patrol grid in around Ten days.

8/3/1941.
Radio's been buzzing with activity. Big battles going on 1,000's of KM to the NE of us. Sad news also breaking from BDu, with reports saying that Prien hasn't made contact for days and is therefore presumed lost.

9/3/1941
Made our revenge on the british by taking down two passing freighter's we spotted close to the Canary Islands. A Quantity of Deck Gun shells were used and on the larger freighter, we gave it the C.D.G by using a torpedo, with the impact setting. Worked well! Following the delays due to the engagement's now predicted we'll reach our grid by 14/3/1941.

14/3/1941
We've now undertaken our patrol of the assigned grid and are now barreling back north again. Considerd a look into freetown, but decided against it when we heard distant hi-speed screws through the hydrophones which are clearly working! We are now looking at heading to the Bristol channel and Irish sea as we feel our fuel will be more than enough to patrol this area.

Messages from our sister ships show that both U105 & U106 have been busy! Good for them!
ENDS