View Single Post
Old 10-16-07, 07:00 AM   #140
LydiaTamarZeegers

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixpack
My take......

Yesterday I had a pretty bad day. I went to the office, and I quickly read the headlines like I do every day. There was the article with subject line "Gamers miss Bram Zeegers". Then I read subsim.com.... HUH ?!

Wait a freakin' moment........Bram.........Abraham !!

I then went on to dig in Google for as much information as possible on Bram. I think I have been busy with that for 5 hours. Utterly amazed.

I have to explain I -unlike many- don't follow this "Holleeder" case. I know it's there but I didnt feel like spending my good time on it. Probably turning out another high expectations criminal case leading to injustice, thus not contributing to a better Holland.

Had I done that, I had known about Bram's involvement as a key witness already early this year !

And I could easily have gotten in contact with him, having his phone number and email adress.

You see, back in 2005 around the Subsim meet, he and I exchanged a couple of emails, and we were close to meeting. I didnt however attend the Subsim meet for personal reasons, but to this day regret it.

In that time he had just become involved as a witness, or so I gathered yesterday.

It appeared I still have his sunny emails in my hotmail inbox and reread them. He also told me then about his 16Y old daughter having an Israeli mother, and plenty more. However, nothing related to his involvement in this crime case.

Late december 2005 he sent me an email wishing me and my family a happy 2006 and proposed again we'd meet...

I wished him well but never replied to the meeting part.

[sigh].....Wow...

Ofcourse now I wonder if we had met...

Had he told me sooner or later about the situation he was in ?

What could I have done for him to somewhat lighten his burden and pain ? How much and exactly would that have had impact on me ?

But the drugs ? I cant imagine Bram as a drugs user. But then again, we can all fake on the net, cant we ? But still I cant or rather dont want to think of Bram being that different from how we all knew him here: An extremely intelligent and friendly guy, with a positive-christian outlook on life.

Questions...questions...

Weird, but only now I feel he was perhaps reaching out to me and I have let this man down

Bram, no way I can help you now (only by listening a bit I figure and discuss our mutual interests as in hobbies/recreational stuff that is), but I will remember you with fondness for the virtual and potentially real life friend of mine you could have been. I wish your family a lot of strength coping with the awefully great loss.

Wauw.. That gives me a great feeling knowing that he told about my mother and me..
Everybody here is so kind..
And you are saying that right.. My father and drugs? No.. Never..
LydiaTamarZeegers is offline   Reply With Quote