Old 10-02-21, 01:06 PM   #85
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

radar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
That is surprising, Area 8 is a pretty busy area for most of the war, Singapore-Home Islands and several other convoys lanes converge there for approaches to Bungo Suido. You are in January 1943 if I recall? Checked the file, yea a lot of traffic but judging from your description, probably were not far enough out to sea. Should definitely have better luck in Luzon Strait.

I probably need to do an intel file (README) with coordinates of shipping lanes. In future patch will adjust the patrol are marker to the proper location, the current one is the default TMO marker.
Ahoy, Bubblehead1980...

Just a side note report...

For setting up, I did go with having vickers03's interior mod added in.. & it worked fine, though... it did have 1 issue. Got to the patrol area for Seawolf that I was given.

In hat, I ran into a merchie... can't recall the name of that ship, a B?* Maru ship, I'll see if I can take a look through the rec man & find the exact name for that ship... to pin it down definitively.

The issue was... shot 4 torps at it... & all of them, ran right through it... as if the ship was.. casper the ghost. I did manage to sink it, though I had to do so with the DG.

1 thing I did notice, was that I had a nearly moonless night & was able to get within 1500 from it & never got sighted. NOT until I lit it up with the DG.

Have to say, I am loving the ability to get in close to attack....

The reason I added vickers mod in, was owing to clicking on the door leading from the control room leading forward into the bow area & instead of seeing a U.S. interior, I saw instead... a Uboat radio/sonar/kaleun's bed area....

The vickers mod I used was the last 1 that vickers released... though earmarked for FotRS-U v1.46,, it did work with your mod set up... outside of that lil' snafu with the torp's, that is... No idea if or how many other ships in your set up, may also have had that... snafu that I ran into on that 1 ship, though.

I closed out & took it out, (Yes, I did follow protocol & dumped the game save folder... edited it to weed out the old info while retaining the settings to keep the main settings in regards to the middle options on the main page so as to NOT have to reset them. That also applies to clearing out the top 2 folders & the config settings for JSGME in the mods folder, as well.) thereby having to restart My careers in the S class & Sargo boats... but, a small price to pay.

Knowing this info, may assist you or another, in reworking vickers mod to be able to be integrated into your mod set up....

Thought you might want to know that info... an so, am passing it along.

M. M.