View Single Post
Old 09-08-21, 09:50 PM   #182
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

8 April 1942

Java
A heavy cruiser bombarded Batavia, causing heavy casualties to our land forces.

The KB hit Surabaya hard. We lost 2 fighters trying to hold them off with just 1 Zero shot down. Flak got 1 Val. Damage to the ships in port was significant:
1st wave: (A6M2 Zero x 38, B4Y1 Jean x 14, B5N1 Kate x 51, B5N2 Kate x 72)
D3A1 Val x 33
xAP Van Rees, Bomb hits 1, and is sunk
CL Enterprise, Bomb hits 4, and is sunk
CL Dragon, Bomb hits 3, heavy fires, heavy damage
CL Capetown, Bomb hits 2, heavy fires, heavy damage
AVP Orion, Bomb hits 2, and is sunk
xAP Rochussen, Bomb hits 1, heavy fires, heavy damage
xAK Woolgar, Bomb hits 3, and is sunk
DD Van Ghent, Bomb hits 2, and is sunk
xAKL Luzon, Bomb hits 1, and is sunk
xAK Ming Sang, Bomb hits 1, on fire, heavy damage
xAKL Soerabaja, Bomb hits 1, heavy fires, heavy damage
2nd wave (49 Vals):
xAK Ming Sang, Bomb hits 1, and is sunk
CL Capetown, Bomb hits 3, and is sunk
xAKL Lepus, Bomb hits 1, heavy fires, heavy damage

Borneo
At least three minesweepers are now based at Miri to deal with my repeated submarine mining of this fuel base. He also had at least one destroyer-minesweeper--had--because HMS Truant put a torpedo into it today.

Solomons
My Catalinas had noticed some tankers idling at an atoll north of the Solomons. Don't ask me why they're there instead of someplace protected, like Rabaul or Truk. But I sent the S-35 over there to go hunting, and it sank one of them. It was a small one, sadly, so this wasn't that big of a deal.

New Hebrides
The CVBG seems to be gone.
Air raids against my troops in Luganville from Guadalcanal resulted in 2 P-39s and 1 Nell shot down.

Our troops are still holding out, well enough that I'm getting angry emails from my opponent. He is killing them, though. Just not all at once, and they aren't giving him the pleasure of a surrender.

Thailand
We're still trying to cause some damage to the 38th Division from the air. We managed to shoot down 3 of the Oscars that defended them, but the Oscars did better than they did yesterday, bringing down 1 Hudson and 3 Blenheims. The replacement pools of the UK bombers are depleted, so my losses in bomber strength here are somewhat permanent, so I am concerned about these losses.

China
We repelled an attack at Chusien, casualties 3700 to 1500 favoring us. There is a unit that is breaking off and approaching a base of ours that is unguarded with level 3 forts. I think he gets to keep those if he takes it, so I'm going to try to beat him there. My units have the better roads so we have a chance.

My plans for a counteroffensive aren't really materializing. Recon is a serious problem for the Chinese; I've tried to mitigate that by training bomber pilots in recon, but they aren't cutting it. I have a British recon squadron being trained in India that I plan to deploy to China when they're ready. Once I can confirm a weak point with some confidence I'll start exploiting it.

CENTPAC
Our Marines on Christmas Island weathered an enemy shock attack by a comfortable margin. The enemy tank regiment here has a glass jaw. I think I'll be able to capture it tomorrow. Still no sign of any reinforcements or naval deployments moving south from Hawaii.