Thread: [TEC] How to work sim.cfg
View Single Post
Old 11-24-21, 12:38 PM   #21
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post

Something that does not discuss is how your location on earth (in SH 4) has can affect your experience. I was not sure about this, but when explained by a veteran modder or two and base don my experience in extensive testing, would say yes. I was surprised this was modeled in the sim but have learned that SH 4 is a bit more complex than initially seems.

I don't have enough experience in the Atlantic side of things to comment on how this plays out there, as may be modeled differently etc . Long and Lat do effect visual sensors as well have been told and noticed, fog comes in to play as does the light. Ah, the complexities of SH 4 lol.
what you state seems to be true in the ATO, also.
most of the time when we patrol in the North Atlantic we can find a therm at a very shallow depth, sometimes 20 m.
never find one of those in the SW Pacific.
in the Pacific, therms are rarely found above 200 feet, some as deep as 300 feet.

fog is another matter.
even "light" fog masks visual contact to 2 or 3 nm, which is really, really close. This is effective for both sides.
We can detect by radar-detection or radar so i must assume that the verdampt British and Americans can do the same.

in the ATO, Coastal Command aircraft can detect us via look-down radar through fog from a great distance....maybe 25 km, and come directly at us.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote