Old 10-16-22, 10:10 AM   #2629
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapitain Oliver Leinkraunt View Post
I can't do nothing but applause to your superb work

Sorry again to bother you always for these small details, but there are few historical errors in your Type 51 model
Good eye, there are several corrections needed; the stern will certainly be revised before release along with the other details.... luckily the German painter Klaus Bergen produced many excellent paintings of this class, which I can use as sources. He was one of the most accurate WWI naval painters....unlike other painters who exaggerated ships' and submarines' appearance, his illustrations have accurate proportions and professional-grade detail.

To Swiss Sub Commander - yes! There will be billowing white exhaust fumes for kerosene boats like U-9. There will also be a smokestack that raises and lowers. More modern, diesel boats will have darker exhaust that is less visible...more "wispy" and hard to see at long range.

In the way of updates, lots of work on U-87. U-81, cruisers and destructible buildings. Modeling of the Arethusa class is almost done; pretty happy with the model. Wisebaden class cruisers have been started using wings3d modeling software. A few more similar classes and light cruiser modeling will be done.

Partial list of light cruiser classes is:

-Ceres Class
-Chatham Class
-Birmingham Class
-Weymouth Class (60% Complete)
-Arethusa Class (90% Complete)
-Caroline Class
-Calliope Class
-Bristol Class (55% Complete)
-Active Class
-Patrol Class (20% Complete)

-Kolberg Class
-Karlsruhe Class
-Pillau Class
-Wiesbaden Class (10% complete)
-Brummer Class
-Graudenz Class

Note that I already have many parts already textured and several classes can be created with minor changes to funnels, masts, & so on ..... this list really is not over ambitious or hard to do. New screenshots coming soon.
iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote