Thread: [TEC] Re: Battery drainage...
View Single Post
Old 11-05-21, 04:03 PM   #7
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

radar Re: Battery drainage... tests... results...

Hmmm...

Curiouser... & curiouser...

Did 2 tests, (submerged, no less ) & found the oddest end results... which I shall out line.

Test 1:

Before engaging engines... I brought the sub to a complete halt. No forward motion.. submerged & proceeded to order 1/3 ahead...

In the attached snap, note the speed registered on the telegraph...

Boats, kicking close to 4 knots on the tele... what is curious.. is.. & noted, when I gave the order further on.. to engage going 9 knots... is that I had to click on the tele... .5 knots faster, to get the Helmsman(?)/Chief(?) of the boat, to confirm the order given... of 9 knots forward motion. This also held true on the .5 knot extra, on the tele... when I gave & got confirm from the Helmsman(?)/Chief(?) of the boat, to confirm the order given, to go 2.5 knots ahead... strange.

Can't recall when tooling about in either the Uboats or the U.S. boats, of having to do so... at least, NOT that I can recall of here.

Strange fact # 2....

On running a full bore speed run... submerged, no less... boat took to 9 knots, reported on confirm (same conditions as outlined above, of a .5 additional click on the tele... ) of the boat taking to the commands... until the battery got drained down to 50%... after that point, the speed kept dropping, despite My repeated clicking on the tele.. ordering for 9 knots. At this time, had run submerged at full bore.. for about an hour... hour & a half... end result was batteries drained down to 30-35% remaining charge left.

At this point... am unsure of or unclear... as to what would need to be done, to get that set of oddities, ironed out.