Old 06-26-21, 09:45 AM   #3534
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larrywb57 View Post
Ahoy Propbeanie,

With the Preview 16, at the beginning of my third patrol, 21Mar1942 from Pearl Harbor. The cost was 300 renown for SJ Radar on my boat, the USS Pickerel SS-177, a porpoise class boat. I normally turn off the radar when in port but, outside the green circle, I turn it back on. It function correctly.

I also added some mods from the AddIn Modz Pak from the Preview 16.

Larry
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzcarraldo View Post
In Mare Island (after trials and "end patrol") with 1.46, New SJ radar, I spent 300 points. All OK and departing for Pearĺ. April 21, 1942..

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo
Quote:
Originally Posted by torpedobait View Post
Boats: S-44; Salmon; Salmon with Conning Tower Refit; Gato (current). Don't recall if I got the surface radar in the S boat, but for sure on the later two.

Spent almost the whole trip in a small town 60 miles SSE of Grand Junction. Lovely place. In a valley and surrounded by mountains. Moving there this winter. Can't wait!
Thanks for the radar reports!

That is my kind of country... I love the Durango / Telluride area and the old DRG&W narrow gauge there. The history of that is not the prettiest, but the country sure is. The San Juan mountains are absolutely gorgeous... but then, so are the Grand Tetons, and several dozen other mountain ranges... including the Ozarks and Appalachian chains, etc... lol - I love hills, rocks & trees. Too bad one can't make a living off of looking at them - I'd be great at that...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote