Old 02-13-23, 10:02 AM   #2671
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickvapie View Post
Thanks, just one more thing

Saying that something like this happens, such as a Depth Charge almost ripping apart and destroying your boat, is there some type of surrender feature where you can raise up to depth, and will there be some type of scuttle system too?
No plans for that unfortunately. I would love that idea but I don't know how to implement it.

I have some excellent news however...I have solved the "jello water" bug! I've been trying to do this for years and it took hundreds of hours. This means I will not need to have only calm weather for the entire mod...for the first time I was able to go severa in game days and have normal looking storm waves! This is also useful for other modders ... the "jello water" issue has been a problem ever since SH4 was first released. The problem was that, in SH4, the game changes sea states too slowly - if you use time compression, eventually the wave patterns look weird, with jagged waves or big, fake "jello" waves. After increasing sea state change speed I finally get weather like it should be - realistic storms, off and on, and properly-shaped waves. I can't tell you guys what a big releif this is.

Other work this past week: preparing AI light cruiser models, and adding radio messages/news events. I thought it would take forever to add war news messages but it's coming along well! Now I have all of 1914-1915 done, and I'm in August 1916! You will get radio news of the war nearly every day (20-25 days per month). The Archduke Assassination, Battle of the Marne, Tannenberg, Verdun, The Somme, Passchendaele - it's all there, including some pretty exciting stories!

Also working on a video that showcases new ship damage/particle/crew figure/lifeboat effects, so stay tuned.
iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote