View Single Post
Old 11-11-21, 04:06 PM   #308
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

15 July 1942

Java Sea
HMS Truant torpedoed and sank a Gozan class cargo ship near the cape dividing the Java sea from the Makassar Strait.

Ceram Sea
The S-41 shelled a Toho class cargo ship on the route between Kendari and the Celebes Sea, setting it on fire. The cargo ship appears to be carrying an artillery unit, as has been a recent trend. The ship is in no immediate danger of sinking, but it's in the hands of the crew to fight the fire successfully or not, and whatever unit is embarked will be taking damage as it burns.

A couple hundred miles east of that, the O24 encountered a flotilla of 4 mine tenders and sank one of them with a torpedo. I think it's strange to see these ships traveling in a group, especially when they aren't all that close to bases the merit defensive minefields. My best guess is they're headed for Surabaya and he's going to distribute them to other bases from there.

Bay of Bengal
HMS Decoy ran itself out of depth charges attacking an enemy sub off Sri Lanka, the sub escaped despite being solidly hit by two depth charge patters. Hopefully it sinks before it makes it to port for repairs.

Sumatra
The air battle over Palembang cost both sides 3 fighters each. The Aussies lost one of their few aces (7 kills).

China
We continue to fight over Chengchow; 3 Zeroes and 1 P-40 went down.

Malaya
We had the upper hand over Singapore today; 5 Zeroes down to 1 of our Mohawks. Enemy bombers got another hit on the Repulse.

Hawaii
We blew up two more bombers on the ground as we continued to bomb Lahaina airbase. B-26s from Christmas Island have been moved to Hickam to support the ongoing attacks on the enemy forces on Oahu. A paratrooper unit also arrived at Pearl, once their aircraft are online I'm going to send a few of them to recon the enemy base at Lahaina. Unfortunately the only way I'll actually be able to probe it is to attack it, so this may be a partial unit sacrifice, but I'll have an APD ready to pick them up all the same.

Reinforcements and refits
The KB's raid on Noumea and the loss of Enterprise and Hornet (resulting in the breakups of 2 CVBGs) has disrupted my upgrade schedules, which I'm now starting to get back on track:
DD Anderson begins refit while under repair at Los Angeles
DD Russell begins refit while under repair at Los Angeles
DD O'Brien taken out of commission to begin refit at Los Angeles
DD Phelps beginning refit in shipyard at Los Angeles
DM Pruitt beginning refit in shipyard at Sydney

Lexington is making a port call at San Francisco, mostly just to get it away from Hawaii/Palmyra after giving the KB a reason to be there. VF-2 is changing sizes from 27 to 36 aircraft, so I'm disembarking the USMC Wildcat squadron that was using that extra hangar space. They'll probably end up in Palmyra, now that we'll have an airbase there soon (after repairs, I trashed the hell of of everything there).

AM Kapunda arrives at Sydney
AM Stawell arrives at Melbourne
SS Albacore arrives at Balboa
328th FG/326th FS arrives at San Francisco (restricted, 6/25 P-39s; so many squadrons, so few aircraft to give them)
141st USA Base Force arrives at Tacoma (full strength, unrestricted)
35th Aviation Base Force arrives at March Field (full strength, unrestricted)