View Single Post
Old 06-25-11, 11:01 AM   #121
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Day begins

Captain Raptor awoke to find weak sunlight streaming into the bunkhouse. Groggy from lack of coffee, it took him a second to realize where he was. He sat up and counted his officers.

Sub-lieutenant mookiemookie
Chief Tarrasque
Petty Officer Lord Justice

All accounted for, he pulled on his boots and walked over to Bunkhouse B. Along the way he encoutered Pioneer just crawling back under the fence and kicking dirt into the furrow to hide the trench.

"What did you discover, sailor?"

"Not much sir, I had difficulty getting my bearings. But I did learn the castle is inpenetrable, except for the north turret. It seems there is some damage to that part of the castle wall and a man could literally climb over a large pile of blocks and enter the castle."

"Good, that could be useful later on."

"Also, it appears we are hemmed in from the north by a thick forest...I didn't enter the forest, sir...I, eh, I was afraid I might get lost in there." Pioneer suppressed a shudder.

"Yeah, that's probably a good idea. We don't need any of our men lost in the woods, or you could fall and injure yourself. What else?"

"On the west side of the castle, the ground is prepared in such a way, I am pretty sure there are mines there."

Raptor rubbed his chin. "Very well, warn the other men, if we escape, we don't want to lose anyone to mines. The Krauts must be hiding something on the other side of that minefield. Who knows, this could be a secret weapon testing base... that would explain a lot."

"Yes, sir".

"Ok, sailor, go wash yourself, you smell like 30-year old kippers. I'm going to check on the men in Bunkhouse B. Then it's time to request a chat with the Commandant, we're prisoners but it's time we received soap, reading material--" He broke off, interrupted by a scream from Bunkhouse B. They ran into the sleeping quarters.

Sailor Task Force was sitting in his bed with the blanket pulled up to his nose, his eyes large and staring, only the tips of his boots showing. American Newsman Takeda Shingen was stading by Bakkels bed, silently looking down at a mass of blood and gristle. He looked up at Capt. Raptor in shock.

Raptor was unable to speak, but only for a second. The scream brought he men from Bunkhouse A. "Chief, get over to the fence and get the Jerries' attention, get that Commandant over here. One of his men climbed in and murdered a good man in his sleep. I want some answers now!"

Sailor Vendor somehow managed to sleep through the entire episode.