View Single Post
Old 08-10-13, 02:11 PM   #29
makman94
Hellas

Downloads: 182
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by backer View Post

I did considered about create some submarines to surround the enemy after you send the report.
And this function is already complete, but I found it was a bad idea.
too many friendly units would make the battle become a slaughter.just like this:
i don't find such an idea bad at all.
you said that it is complete ?
how exactly this fuction works? the subs are spawned even without being scripted in campaign's files ? becuase if it is so , then there will be no need to start editing the campaign files for adding friendly uboats
from your pics i can say that you added a lot (very very lot) uboats there !
if you set the parameters to add two (or three---no more) uboats around the convoy ,i think , will be ok .we can call it a wolfpack attack (even better would be if you can make your mod spawn a RANDOM number of u boats around the convoy but not more than ,for example, three or ...whatever)
is this version availiable to test it somehow ? i really would like to have a look at it

Quote:
Perhaps you think I can set the values of friendly units' type,number,patrol area and sth like that.Yes,I do can set such thing.but I am not familiar with the history of world war ii, so if I make such campaign work,it could be a joke,like dozens of Bismarck may join your battle.
So I closed the function before release.
yes , i think that you must lower the friendly units and
no , no 'bismarks' at friendly units, i am thinking if it possible to make it have only uboats at friendly units

Quote:
and the good news is,this already happened:a Chinese modder is working on this.
sorry , i didn't understand you . what exactly is this chinese modder working on campaign ? adding scripted u boats or something else ?

Mediafire page:http://www.mediafire.com/folder/da50.../Makman94_Mods
makman94 is offline   Reply With Quote