Thread: Atoka's ships
View Single Post
Old 06-30-22, 02:50 AM   #2
Atoka220
Bosun

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 0

Next up, Revell Colombo Express 1/700
I always had a hidden admiration for container ships and when I learned about this one, I had to get one as I was not sure when would they want to cancel it or something
It is a rather large one totaling at 48 centimeters

There are also container blocks that are assembled from side-front-top-bottom pieces instead of gluing thousands of containers together

This is a full capacity up to the brim load that nearly never happens in reality but i don't care
The only problem is that I still haven't painted all... I wanted to go for a colorful approach instead of painting every block the same color (which would be way easier indeed). It's just so much work that I don't have the motivation for them now

Container ship - liberty ship comparison
Both are 1/700

Next Revell Titanic 1/700 WIP
Yes, Titanic is one of my favorites so of course I had to get a bigger one
At least now I'm getting a little 1/700 collection together
The current state

Decks assembled, funnels test fitted
There are many more parts and little corrections to be done with the painting but finally i can see where i have to correct it for good

Little and big sis together

The kit came with a 4 bladed center prop, however in reality, Titanic had a 3 bladed one
So I cut off 3 blades and glued back 2 in a 3 blade config

And yesterday I mysteriously found this in my bag after totally not visiting the local model shop

I've been eyeballing her for quite a while but finally decided to buy her
Being the last of her kind, the mighty ocean liners with a classic style livery, QM2 is a nice balance between modern and classic as I don't like modern passenger ships (cruise ships)

Last edited by Atoka220; 06-30-22 at 03:14 AM.
Atoka220 is offline   Reply With Quote