View Single Post
Old 03-06-09, 11:27 PM   #104
UnderseaLcpl
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Although we are only permitted to vote for a general favorite, I really think that Torpo's entry should win best cinematography, and best soundtrack. Based on that alone, I voted for him for best overall. I think the entry was just stunning.

That being said, the main reason I voted for Torpo was that I had a hard time deciding amongst the other entries in all other categories. Enigma looked pretty damn cool, but the resolution of the video made it hard to tell. Probably a fault on my end. Dolphin also looked like it could be pretty funny, but I guess youtube removed the soundtrack, which kind of diminished the humor value.
Fate was ****ing awesome, possibly better than riding the waves, except in the categories of cinematography and soundtrack, imo. It was difficult to decide between the two, but Riding the Waves reached me on a more personal level.

2ndBestKiller should get mad props if nothing else for beautifully synching the Das Boot sounds with his video. The only reason I eliminated him from candidacy best overall was because of a nitpickiness towards historical accuracy.

Meeting with History, while really cool, was decidedly lacking in submarines. It's a bit of a cop-out judgement, and I am sorry for that, Chisum, but it was so hard to decide which video was the best, I had to start getting really picky.
For the record, you win the "Most Epic" award in my book.

After seeing all the entries, I'm glad that mine was plagued by technical difficulties and time constraints. I would have been quite embarrassed had I submitted mine

Thank you all for the effort and time you put into your entries. It may not mean much, but you entertained this skipper long enough to evoke the ire of his roomate for neglecting duty in the scullery
Good job, guys

I stole this sig from Task Force
UnderseaLcpl is offline   Reply With Quote