View Single Post
Old 03-05-19, 01:42 PM   #12
blackswan40
LSH-2022 Liaison Officer

Downloads: 589
Uploads: 30

Re SH3 Multiplayer the Steel Sharks Clan/Group tried Hamachi we installed the free version that allows up to five players ie the Network creator plus four other guests.
the Hamachi free version is not a trial so no time limit on usage but its limited to 5 users the standard paid version as 32 users costs $58 inc taxes for a one year subscription
I followed these instructions from youtube (the idiots lantern)
I disabled my bullguard firewall and windows defender fire wall then clicked on advanced then properties left domain alone but on private and public inbound changed (Block Default) to Allow then on Protected Network clicked the Customise button and unchecked Hamachi on both private and public then clicked apply on both
Then went back to windows firewall clicked on allow programme features through firewall then clicked on change settings then I browsed Hamachi on Local disc Program files x86 LogMeIn Hamachi then I clicked on Hamachie2
clicked on Hamachi client Engine clicked add ticked both boxes client and public
on the Hamachi tunneling engine then just came out
then I went to my network settings clicked on Hamachi
unticked the internet protocol version 6(TCP/IPV6)
clicked on internet protocol version 4(TCP/IPV4)
then clicked advanced then unchecked the automatic metric box then
changed the value in the interface metric box from 9000 to 1 then clicked ok came out hosted a SH3 GWX Multiplayer game the other two members could see my server in the SH3 Lan Lobby so fired up the game and had no problems.
then turned both firewalls back on rebooted pc and hosted another game all went well no problems.

I thought I would share this with the Subsim community because theres still interest in SH3 Multiplayer the Tunngle Evolve Lan may have gone west but as one door closes another door opens

Last edited by blackswan40; 03-05-19 at 02:14 PM.
blackswan40 is offline   Reply With Quote