View Single Post
Old 05-06-09, 03:45 AM   #64
Paul Riley
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 163
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoaldLarsen View Post
You might want to stay down longer. Once you have been spotted, the chance of them finding you again is increased. The chance then slowly returns to normal over time. In '43+ I stay submerged 24 hours or more after being sighted.
I think for the moment and for the current year in my game being under for no more than an hour is sufficient,mainly because there is no further added support,ie destroyers homing in on the last sighting.When I am spotted it takes them no more than about 1 hr to return to Britain,and then the gap increases as you say.
If after 30mins - 1r the skies are clear and there are no sounds nearby I will break surface at full speed,and make as much distance on the surface as I can,before the next AA.This can only be done naturally on clear days though,and any signs of cloud and I make a mandatory dive until it clears,or get as far as I can submerged,as the risk of being surprised even closer is greater in cloudy weather.
I am not sure how difficult its gonna get as soon as I hit 1943,but no doubt I will experience longer submerged times,due to either planes staying in the area longer,or added support from warships sent to the area by the aerial spotters.

Paul Riley is offline   Reply With Quote