View Single Post
Old 03-01-23, 10:34 AM   #24
Red Devil
The Old Man

Downloads: 258
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Did you use MultiSH4 in the Steam game folder, and set the Save folder to something different from your disk install? It almost sounds like either your mod was trashed by windows (what is the path to your Steam Library folder on that K: drive? Just "Steam Library \Silent Hunter... " ?? No "Program Files", correct? You might also have had a "Steam verify of game files", where Steam changed the modded game back to Stock on you, which would not be compatible with a previous Save in a modded game... If both installs (disk & Steam) are using the same Save folder (C:\Users \UserName \Documents \SH4), then that is the trouble. You cannot do that.
yes mate, and exactly as you told me. I had two empty saves, 001 and 002. No connection twixt disc game and steam game, both had two new subs operating out of Manila 1941. I tried removing pacific sound mod and rebooted to see if the buzz would stop, it didn't. I even tried to reinstall Steam game after deleting it and all folders and rebooted, but buzzing still there, but not on any other steam software. I took it out and tried again, this time no mods - still buzzed. The disk game is running perfectly. Loads of other games in pc, big and small, none have this noise. Everything else on K is fine, incl other steam games in K:\\games\. I spent too long on this problem, so will give it a rest for a couple of days.

path: K:\\steam library\steam apps\common\silent etc

disk ver:

C:\\games\\silent\
>
Darkness is only the absence of Light; Ignorance is only the absence of knowledge ©

www.worldwartwo.uk
www.captainwalker.uk
Red Devil is offline   Reply With Quote