Old 12-28-05, 08:30 PM   #20
TLAM Strike
Navy Seal

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramius
Yes, this is the Mcarm special edition Akula

It is possible to move this from SC to DW.

There is a big problem with doing this though !!!!

Because you are changing a playable model, the masts, towed array and weapons will not appear in the correct places.
Also, if you want to goto the bridge view to fire off a SAM, then you will not be able to see anything apart from the inside of the fin

The only way i know to fix this would involve changes to a .dll file - and im not prepared to even try to change them, or give advice on how to .
There is a (possible) solution to this. The masts and wires can of course be changed with DWEdit. The SAM position can be made to look somewhat correct by building two sails on the sub- one inside the other. The external view sail (the one that causes the bridge view problem) has absolutely no faces on the inside so when viewing from inside there you will see the world like the sail is not there, you then build a near copy of the default DW sail that will function as eye candy to make the bridge view look correct. Understand what I'm saying? I can slap together an example if you need to see what I mean visualy.

I have no clue how to change the weapon launch areas with out editing the .dlls but thats minor compaired to the sail view problem. Some noobs would no doubt complan, but would anyone really care if the torpedo comes out of thin air if it ment getting a realistic looking Akula model?

TLAM Strike is offline   Reply With Quote