View Single Post
Old 09-04-07, 08:56 AM   #63
CB..
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
that scope visability issue..

here's a perfect ..if a little extreme example of how you can get within ramming range of a enemy vessel with the scope up (in fact here i'm dang close to breaching the surface!)....and the red recognition notes don't appear so you remain in stealth mode....raise the scope a bit more to get the red markers working (and to get the auto "TDC" lock) and of course he sees you....so in effect the submerged autoTDC is effectively useless at the sorts of ranges you need for a good hope of a shot...so the point the scope lock and fire concept is a non starter for this game....in effect there is NO USE-ABLE AUTO TARGETING LOL and i speak as a lazy s#d who normaly uses auto tdc ..but in this game with it's huge switch in emphasis i am quite pleased that the auto targeting feature is so heath robinison and often has the oppsoite efefct to that required..ie you get seen making the lock there fore the lock is now useless lol ...

get a load of this screenshot to see what i mean..at no point in my approach to this ship did he spot me..there were brief moments were the red markers appeared but i corrected the depth and height of the scope to compensate and here i am...i torped the b##ger but it was a dud..LOL...

http://www.ebort2.co.uk/

The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

W.B.Yeats
CB.. is offline   Reply With Quote