View Single Post
Old 11-14-21, 10:56 PM   #2476
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by iambecomelife View Post
Unfortunately there are no plans for changes to the voices. If someone wants to volunteer that would be great, but I will not be contributing my own voice acting (trust me, you don't want to hear it ), and I'd rather not ask my other main team member to help (because he is busy with other things, and has been extremely helpful in other areas).

By the way, the pace of updates has been slower because I've been working 7 day weeks recently.

There will be no 3d modeling in late November due to a vacation. At my parents' house I do not have a PC capable of running SH4. I will, however, spend time writing text/tables for the mod, using MSWord and MSExcel:

-Newspaper Articles
-Wireless Messages
-Campaign Descriptions
-Unit Descriptions for museum mode and the mod manual

I am proud to say we already have over 200 unique distress messages for sinking ships, and perhaps 80-100 news messages for WWI news. I will be adding to that.

Some distress calls will be generic. Others will be historical and based on actual ship sinkings.

The news will be full of details - you will find out about the battles at the Marne in 1914, the first use of poison gas, the progress of fighting at Verdun, and the triple catastrophes of 1918 - Revolution, Mutiny, and Influenza.

Interesting! I have been working on the messages in SH 4 TMO mod, on the pacific side of things. I add many ULTRAs and cleaned up some of the messages, made them more in line with history in formatting etc. Changed those reveal information would not know at the time. Also, changing messages to be for different commands,, , strange when boats out of Fremantle Australia are taking orders and commands from COMSUBPAC. What a labor it is though lol.

Far as the speech...ah yea I understand. Perhaps as a fix or sorts can make sure the german speech packs out there are compatible, would definitely help the immersion.

I understand, I will be out of town for a couple weeks over holidays next months so sure will not get much completed on my end, but oh well, holidays and family.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote