View Single Post
Old 03-03-23, 01:05 PM   #2704
jonnymorris
Swabbie

Downloads: 19
Uploads: 0
Default Sub apparently glued to sea bed

In shallow waters I took a couple of shells while on the surface so I crash dived and then immediately set depth to Periscope Depth, but it sank down to 55m then stopped (depth under keel was another 6m). The sub stopped at an odd angle and after that wouldn't budge up or down, lots of things were broken (a few to 0%). My crew fixed the leaks and (somehow) repaired things like the Flak gun, but no repair progress seemed to happen to things like the main ballast pump.

Looking from the external camera, the sub was not actually touching anything but was stuck in place, I tried full forwards and backwards, hard left and right rudder, the sub seemed to slide a bit but this resulted in lots of damage and injuries.

Also, when ever I attempted to use TC it just ended up causing a lot of damage even though the motors were stopped and nothing should have been happening.

So with no way to unstick the sub, repair critical things, or even use TC to see if the repairs would eventually happen, I see no way forward with this career. I could reload an earlier save but it's still only the second patrol so probably not worth it, better to start again.

I don't suppose there's such a thing as a console command to teleport the sub a few metres upwards? Seems daft being stuck at 55m depth.