View Single Post
Old 01-26-23, 07:37 AM   #1
maillemaker
Sea Lord

Downloads: 75
Uploads: 0
Default Looking for someone to do 2 tutorials

I've been playing SH3 and SH5 for many, many years.

All this time, I only do 90-degree attacks. This way range is irrelevant.

Plus, it's fun when you hit a convoy column dead-on and you fire 4 fish and they go BOOM...BOOM...BOOM...BOOM and take out 4 ships in a row.

However, there have been many times when I would like to shoot at a ship that is not at 90 AOB when I'm 90 degrees to its track.

Let's say you have two tankers, one following the other. I have a perfect 90 degree attack on the lead tanker, but it will be hit and the rear tanker will start turning before the rear tanker lines up for a 90 degree shot.

I should be able to fire on the rear and the lead and let the computer figure out the impacts.

So, the first tutorial I would like to see is how to shoot at a ship that you are on a 90 degree intercept with its track, but you won't be shooting 90 degree AOB.

So this. But, I want to shoot before the target reaches 90 AOB.

The second thing I want to learn is how to fire at a ship that is not in front of you and you are not 90 degrees to its track.

So this:

I'm aware that for optimal torpedo impact detonation you need to hit the ship pretty close to 90. But angled shots like this will work with magnetic detonators under the hull.

Thanks!
maillemaker is offline   Reply With Quote