View Single Post
Old 04-11-20, 10:32 AM   #752
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by the beast View Post
This is a save and "oops I screwed up" reload of the file. Sorry if that came off as rude. I was submerged and there were no airplanes. About 20-15 ships I'm gonna guess. It was kind busy up-top. I always name my save games a unique name. Usually the name of the patrol area with a "1" next to it for the number of saves in the area. For example, if it was Area 11-B I was ordered to patrol in, I would name the file " Area 11-B I" and if there was a second save in that area, I would save it as "Area 11-B II". No when it was done doing what it was doing I immediately went back to my game. The read only box is not checked. I have used the LAA exe on the SH4.exe multiple times. No, I don't even use replays. The size of the file is 2.77 MB...
Re-starting of the game, and/or re-booting the computer and re-starting the game might work, but then again, it might not. Corruption of the Save file is corruption. Somewhat similar to a scratch on an LP, putting a penny or a quarter on the cartridge head arm might allow the player to "force" its way through the grooves, avoiding the skipping of the bad area, but it is still a kludge, and there is still that error in there. That might be all she wrote for your Saved game. We do hope we have found the combination of items that are causing these issues for some of you guys, a big one being if a airplane spawns into the 3D realm while inside of a "mountain" of terrain near your submarine, while responding to either your submarine having been detected, or your submarine detecting the enemy. We think we found a slight work-a-round for this, by creating smaller, closer AirBases nearby, but I am now having a time of it balancing the AirStrike response... It doesn't matter much at all if you can't continue the game from a bad save or from having been sunk by airplanes that now make it to the scene in less than 10 minutes, ya know?...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote