Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PongoDeMer View Post
"There is a house in New Orleans,
It's called the (fall of the) Rising Sun,
And it's been the ruin of many a poor boy,
And God, I know I'm one."

I have been spending the last 24 hours getting this mod (v1.004a_EN) to function. I have achieved partial success only. The problems I still have are the following.

1) The Submarine School doesn't function. The training scenarios boot up, but whenever I try to do anything - such as go to the bridge - everything vanishes, and I am left stranded on my desktop.

2) Exactly the same happens with the museum.

The good news is that stuff like quick missions and war patrols seem to work properly.

Please take note that I have loaded and activated the mod correctly, using JSGME 2.6. I know this, because I have used it to load and activate other mods. Also take note that I have been doing this with completely clean installations from Steam of SH4 plus U Boat Missions. In fact, I probably hold the world record for uninstalling and re-installing the game from scratch; with all folders deleted, including the SH4 folder in documents!!

Could anyone out there please help? Take particular note that I am a 61 year old semi-geriatric, NOT some 14 year-old computer whiz-kid, who can do all this in his sleep, so any replies will have to be phrased in simple jargon-free English, such as "Extract the sooper_dooper_snafu mod to the Silent Hunter 4 MOD file."

Thanks in advance,

Pongo de Mer.
You young whipper-snappers...
Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Where did you install the game, in other words, what is the path? ie: "C:\Progamr Files (x86)\Ubisoft etc..." or whatever. Refer to the mod's Support folder, specifically the "Install Notes For the Various Versions of SH4 in Windows.pdf" for detailed guidance.

While it's been a bit of time, refer also to CapnScurvy's Windows10; Large Address Aware; SH4 Install posts and thread for Win10 specifics with SH4 and LAA.
You have to be careful where you install the game. It cannot be in a "Program Files" folder. You have to delete the contents of your Save folder ("C:\Users \UserName \Documents \SH4" unless you moved it), and you need to properly set LAA on the SH4.exe file, which sometimes requires setting the file to the proper Write attribute authority.

Therefore, for proper help, let us know where you installed the game to, whether you emptied the save folder, and if you have LAA properly set. I'll bet at least one of those items is not correct, and maybe all three... Also, be sure and look in the Support folder of the mod, or if the mod is activated, in the Support folder of the game, and refer to "Install Notes For the Various Versions of SH4 in Windows.pdf" for the boring details. You could also use the "01_FotRSU_TableOfContents.pdf" to start up a list of most of the pdf in that folder. Depending upon how your pdf reader is installed, you can use it as the "Home" link to all of the other files. Another way to start that is to use the "01_FotRSU_Support_TOC.bat" file in the root of the mod, or of the game if the mod is activated. It will start that "01_FotRSU_TableOfContents.pdf"...

Let us know about your install though!

PS: Do you hear this:

or this?:

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote