mr.Kiki
Swabbie

Downloads: 113
Uploads: 0
Icon9 SH5 does not start

[SOLVED]

Hello, dear mates!

Havent been here for a long time, as well as in the game
From some sources i have heard about tWoS megamod, and I became relly exited to get back into boat and send some cigars to fat freighters
But I cant get my game started. I installed it via uplay, and it does not start, the uplay screen with loading symbol is hanging on the screen and thats it. Tried to reinstall uplay and the game, tried different HDDs (C: also), tried all compatibility and admins rights - no effect. Just for experiment tried to install megamod. And the second problem (may be even biggest) is that Generic Patcher also doesnt start
I dont know what can i do.

Sorry for my English, guys.

UPD: OK, I figured out, that when I try to start SH5.exe or GenericPatcher in task manager appears 'dw20.exe microsoft .net error reporting shim (32 bit)'

I have final .NET framework included in Win10, as well as .NET 3.5 turned on in 'Windows Components'.

UPD2: As I didn't want to wait so long for solution, I did old-fashioned windows reinstall with C:-disc formatting And the game works
So I suppose there was some registry errors which i didn't manage to fix, and full windows reinstall was only a solution for me.

Last edited by mr.Kiki; 05-30-18 at 07:09 AM.
mr.Kiki is offline   Reply With Quote