View Single Post
Old 08-26-16, 02:24 AM   #40
CJC
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

So I recently purchased SH5, loved SH3 and enjoyed SH4 but wandered away for a few years and recently watched Das Boot and got inspired again

So the game is acting strange, and i don't know why this is happening.

So if I start UPLAY with online enabled, and then launch SH5 it won't start. I get "Unabled to download Uplay files" which i don't understand? Is SH5 trying to update itself, is it trying to synchronise with some server at ubisoft for saved games or DRM? So i disabled the online synchronization option in Uplay settings, but still no luck..

If I start UPLAY with online disabled, and then launch SH5 it does start. BUT I can only play the historical missions and look in the museum, the campaign will not start. I get the error "Internet Connection not enabled" - which it is not...

So I have uninstalled SH5 and reinstalled it, I have uninstalled Uplay and reinstalled it. I have verified the game files through Uplay, I have launched both as admins, I have check the win 10 compatibility and all looks good..

Anybody have any idea what the error "Unabled to download Uplay files" means and how can I fix it?

Thanks
CJC
CJC is offline   Reply With Quote