Old 11-12-15, 10:45 PM   #34
Cyborg322
Scurvy Dog of the Deep

Downloads: 349
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaMa View Post
Hi Cyborg322 !

at the moment i can't confirm if the change made to the SH5.exe file automatically grant administrator rights also to the OSI.exe program but i guess it could.

As a general rule i stated to give administrator rights to the OSI.exe file because during my tests i had problems with that. Sometimes it was not possible to change the priority of the .exe file so i made this change in the attempt to solve this problem...

It worked and thus bring me to give this advice before using my fix. Honestly i have not dealt with other trials since it is an operation which need to be done once.

As Always, if someone is interested in finding new ways to deal with this issue, i recommend to use the DBG viewer to check if the OSI is working correctly. Feel free to try everything, easier ways on managing this bug are more than welcome !
Ok thanks for the Heads Up, there is 1 more thing I think is worth a mention when changing the OSI Process priority that is not obvious, clicking on [show processes from all users] even if the process is already in the list showing as running will normally allow the priority to be changed if the[ Unable ] message comes up when using Windows 7 and prolly Vista too this applies to any Processes/Image Names in the Task Manager. It's a little odd but it works