View Single Post
Old 12-09-18, 07:46 AM   #2
Dirk Gently
Bosun

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 0

As far as I know, all the submarine types uses the same base model for each type. Am i right?

Type IIA and IID uses the same model
Type VIIB and VIIC uses the same model
Type IXB, IXD and IXD2 uses the same model

If that's the case, then they need the same mass vs displacement ratio in the actual .sim file in order to run "properly" in the water. The in-game information remains as default Ubisoft, however. Also, if that's the case then it would be really simple to transfer my "formula" to all the other subs without much effort. Mass and displacement affects surface behavior far more than I first anticipated. I just implemented "the formula" on type IIA and IIB and it seemed to work wonderfully. As the IX's are far heavier though, I still need to test them to see whether it needs some individual tweaking in order to work as intended. Testing is somewhat slower now as I need to use career mode in order to test each sub. Installing GWX+mod soup seems to have broken single missions.

Finished so far;
IIA, IIB, VIIB, VIIC.

I'll release a version 1.0 some time this week. I have a lot to do before christmas so I can't work non-stop on this mod at the moment.

PS. I'm still working on finding the correct range settings as it seems to me that GWX's numbers are close to double the actual range, at least at 10 knots. The correct range may actually be a lot harder than anticipated because it's only possible if the game has (near) correct fuel consume at all other speeds as well, which is highly unlikely.

Last edited by Dirk Gently; 12-09-18 at 08:31 AM.
Dirk Gently is offline   Reply With Quote