View Single Post
Old 04-22-22, 02:13 AM   #9
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 0

Something else we should get out of the way, early.

When I refer to a company as "Mom and Pop", I'm talking about a small business (including a tax number) that is run out of a small store or home. A "Mom and Pop" is run as a business. They may run a store for the love of the hobby, but they have to generate some kind of profit and pay taxes as a business.

A term I won't be using a lot is "Cottage Industry". They are out there and its up to you if you want to go down that path. For the most part, in my definition, cottage industries aren't a true business and do not have a tax number or any of the paper work it takes to define a business. They may be sellers on EBay or even Amazon but for the most part I'm talking about the folks who can't accept payment by a credit card or personal check. You can mail them cash or use PayPal, Crypto, Patreon, etc. and take your chances.

In short, my feeling is that if someone wants to pretend to be in business- I'll happily pretend to be a customer. But they aren't getting any of my money.

This is a can of worms and can be a very gray area. In my opinion, we should not post URL's or links to Facebook, etc. unless we're sure its a legit business.
ET2SN is offline   Reply With Quote