View Single Post
Old 11-05-21, 12:25 PM   #4
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Patriotofmany View Post
Got into a scrap with a destroyer in the fog, was damaged slightly, everything repaired. Ran from the convoy and 4 destroyers less the one I sank. Later found a single ship to put under, but when I try to fire a torpedo, it says bow tube too damaged or something to that effect. I have zero damage and everything was repaired. Nothing is showing needing repair. Any clues, or just a bug?
this phenomenon is not an old bug, but an unexpected feature.
not all damage-able parts in you SH4 submarine appear in the equipment screen.
some of those non-displayed parts which can be damaged can also be destroyed and are part of the torpedo tube(s) subsystem.
so, you will be notified that the torpedo tube is damaged and then repaired and still not be able to use the tube(s).
more than likely, during the action in which your torpedo tube was damaged there was also a message that said something like "torpedo tube destroyed". this is probably that non-displayed part.

the only fix for this issue is to find all of the damage zones for all of the torpedo sub-system parts that are in the ActiveUserPlayerUnits.upc file and then edit those damage zones in the Zones.cfg file.
my suggestion is to create a personal mini-mod folder within the JSGME structure and copy the Zones.cfg file from the Data folder into the Mods folder and make your changes there. Then apply the mod as you do other mods.
Good Luck, Herr Kaleun!

p.s. this feature will appear in Stock as well as all mega-mods (FOTRS-U, TMO, TMO-WtW, RSRD, et.al.). so, you will need to apply the same fix to any mod set you want to play. Be advised: damage zones may change from one mega-mod to another.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote