View Single Post
Old 05-24-22, 06:54 AM   #2
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

I am no farming expert, but I hold the belief to have understood that organic farming only can be maintained for a population of quite limited size - not for the poluation explosion we see in our world today.

The Greens in Germany are following the same course like Sri Lanka. Organic farming is the divine revelation, mass production is not needed, they think, and we of course can easily financially afford it, they imply. Even now with the current grain crisis due to the war, many of them, and the federal minister, do not want to give up on that fanatism. Instead they increasingly want to switch to commanded economy. Politics command what should be, and reality then will bend and bow, that is.

Of course intenivse farming and mass production has its costs, too, it ruins the soil and the microbiome, with consequences that add up and accumulate, leading to ever less fertile soil and agricultural products and foods with ever smaller ammounts of nutrient content like vitamines and minerals, thus needing more fertilizers and chemical agents, leading into a vicious circle. The losses in these, over the past 100 years, have been - excessive, to put it mildly. From my studying of nutrition medicine over the past two years I know that vitamine and mineral content losses of up to 80% over the past 100 years, depending on the fruit, the place it was grown in and other individualising variables, are nor rare at all.

But if we must do this kind of farming and intensive agriculture due to the global population pressure, then the conclusion is the mantra that i repeat since years and years and years now:

WE ARE TOO MANY.