View Single Post
Old 12-15-20, 11:57 AM   #2310
Front Runner
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 215
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Front Runner View Post
I'll play the attack scenario again to see what happens. I've got a good save just as I turned to a 90 degree track using Dick O'Kane method. If after i sink the Heavy Cruiser and get a good save that would also point to the Chitose...
OK, this morning I played through several scenarios from a few of my GOOD save games. Whenever I sink the Warship, whether it is the Heay Cruiser Maya, Tone, Aoba or the Battleship Fuso, the saved game comes back up with gauges at "High Noon."

I am on my First Patrol, USS Gudgeon, Gar Class SS-211. I've been assigned to Sagami Wan Area 4 for 10 days. I left Pearl Harbor in Dec. 9, 1941 at 0600 (PHBT) and arrived on station December 24, 1941 ~ 0200 (PHBT).
I encounter a Convoy with random elements, usually a Heavy Cruiser, a Seaplane Tender Chitose Class and 1 to 3 Merchants. On my last playthrough I sank the Battleship Fuso. They leave the vicinity of Tokyo Bay on a heading of about 212 and zig zag to a heading of 165. (Nicely done BTW).

So, it appears that something is broken. IDK. I've tried to isolate it.

On my last playthrough with the Battleship Fuso, she showed up on my Aircraft Radar, I do not have surface radar at this early date. I was able to track her from about 11.5 miles very well until the convoy was visually sighted. I got very good speed and course data.

Of note, they ALL have scout planes on board.

Of note, the Chitose has a weird reflection at night that the other ships do not have.

Of note, before I arrived on station, I sank a single merchant vessel with no problems with the save game.

I have save games archived just in case anyone wants to play with them.

I suppose my next try should be to let the Warships go by and sink a merchant to see if that matters...

[EDIT] OK, I let the Warships go by and attacked the Modern Tanker, 2 hits and it didn't sink. I was going to reload and try again but I thought, might as well save game here. When I reloaded, gauges were at "High Noon" and the radio was playing which it was not when I attacked the Tanker. Could this be a sound issue?

I guess I'm done testing for now. I might try another Career out of Australia later in the war and see what happens...

Gone but not forgotten, RIP Dave "LeoVampire".

Last edited by Front Runner; 12-15-20 at 01:11 PM.
Front Runner is offline   Reply With Quote