View Single Post
Old 12-13-20, 02:54 PM   #2296
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Front Runner View Post
Well, I made it to my patrol area at 1X, arriving near Tokyo on December 24, 1941 Pearl Harbor base time, which would make it December 25, 1941 in Japan.
Just after sunset on December 23, 1941 I made contact with a merchant coming north right behind me. I made a successful approach and sank her.
Then on December 24, 1941, just after I surfaced for the night to head west into my patrol area, I made contact with a convoy consisting of a Tone Class Heavy Cruiser, sank her (3 hits) using Dick O'Kane method, attacked a Chitose Seaplane tender, damaged her (3 hits), I later did an end around and attacked and sank her and another merchant. I used all of my deck gun ammo trying to sink the Chitose before I put the final fish in her and while I was at that, I sank another small merchant with the deck gun. A total of 5, 2 warships, 3 merchants. I am now out of deck gun ammo and I am out of torpedoes, and that was on the first day in my patrol area. 4 out of the 5 ships sunk were in the patrol area. All were dark of night attacks by the way.
Now what? Do I return to base without completing my assignment to stay in my patrol area for 10 days?
I suppose I could infiltrate Tokyo Bay and take pictures...

Seriously, what happens if I return to Pearl without completing my assignment?

Merry Christmas Tojo!

"Your profligate use of torpedoes and deck gun ammunition now has you and your crew on report. Besides the excessive use of speed, resulting in a flagrant dereliction of specific orders to NOT waste Uncle Sam's Number 2 diesel fuel, which takes fuel away from skippers that can follow orders, has resulted in a second report on you and your crew. Such abusive behavior of the resources and equipment furnished you and your crew by the Department of the Navy will not be tolerated. Expect a reprimand upon return-to-base. You are to continue your patrol, and reflect upon your previous behavior. That is all. Confirmed results: One sunk, for 2350 tons, One damaged for 4200 tons. Other reported damage and sinkings pending"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybermat47 View Post
REMAIN IN PATROL AREA FOR REMAINDER OF ASSIGNED TIME X REPORT MOVEMENT OF ANY IJN UNITS OR TROOPSHIP CONVOYS OR MERCHANT CONVOYS SIGHTED X
- Excellent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the beast View Post
It did not work for god knows whatever reason. I was in the bunker and I checked the upgrades section and there was no upgrade slot for the deck gun. Maybe I did something wrong in the file editing?
Here is my ActivePlayersUnits.upc file:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Nvm...ew?usp=sharing

Can you tell me if I did something wrong?
Ratz. "Access Denied" - It says I need permission to view the file. I am logged into my Google Drive account...

Did you use the most recent one, and did you get that one from a numbered folder (ie: "0000004a" or similar)??

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote