View Single Post
Old 11-02-20, 06:08 PM   #2129
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

SHO Re: Tambor/Marshall Is. patrol... follow up...

To begin with, I missed seeing the mention of 'Mili', and as such... I stand corrected.

On My behalf, patrolling around the Marshalls, whilst I was in a Tambor class sub, the patrol I thought was the same as mikesn9's orders to ''New career Tambor out of Pearl 12/9/41 Mission to Marshalls patrol around'' was the same that I got.

Same sub class, same patrol begin date.... yet... this is where things veer off on a completely different, but somewhat similar ways... both are around the general Marshall islands... The orders I got, had Me patrolling off to the NW of the islands... where as mikesn9's, were for a specific set of them... if I have that area right in My old, dusty, some what beat up HD upstairs..

It was on THAT basis, when I responded back to mikesn9's post...

What I did mention, of the set amount of time & the amount of time on the clock for it to be tagged, as completed, does stand... you have to stay within the set diameter for the mission, &... if you deviate outside of that, then that clock, goes into lock down... aka it pauses... & will NOT resume until you go back into the set diameter of the mission for it to then resume the count down to completion.

That, as I know of... is a known factor or those such missions that tell you to patrol given point X ( X= whatever area is earmarked to be at) for X amount of time ( X= here, for the set length of time to complete the assignment) for the given length of time called for.

On mistaking the exact mission orders, I again... stand corrected...

On that, I apologize for dropping the ball...

M. M.