View Single Post
Old 08-04-22, 10:15 PM   #4977
Torpex77
Helmsman

Downloads: 72
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
The "User's Manual" is sadly lacking in proper detail and documentation in many aspects of the game, and it does not appear to have changed from v1.0x through v1.5, plus a bit of it seems to be SH3 material, and does not differentiate some important differences between the US and German subs ... It seems to have been an after-thought - "Oh! We'd better do an 'Owner's Manual'!!!" But you will not find a "notebook" in the pacific US boats. To re-set things on the US boats, turn the PK off and unlock the target. Re-lock the target, and turn the PK back on. If you are doing manual-targeting, same thing, but just be certain that you are hitting all of the "Send" buttons twice each. Once to "set", once to "send". I don't think that is mentioned in the manual either... btw, glad you like the mod! Now, go "Sink 'em all!!!"

@ Kal_Maximus_U669: The nostalgia for SH1, the original in the Silent Hunter series is palpable for me as well... there is so much of that version of the game that is NOT in SH4, and I miss it. The "radar" boxes and functionality being a prime example. There are even aspects of SH2 that I think should be in this version, but alas, when Ubisoft made the purchase of SSI / Aegis, they lost a goodly portion of the "team", and many aspects of the game then became "black boxes" of mystery functions... sigh - but you can see in some of the 3D artwork, as well as texture files, that there were "plans", but alas, another incomplete game pushed out the door by the parent company... like so many other (most) games. lol
Thank You for this info, thought I was missing something..lol Glad Im Not.
Frank