Torpex77
Helmsman

Downloads: 72
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal_Maximus_U669 View Post
hey ..
I find your remark useless... especially when you read your banner I quote:
"An underwater simulation must 'simulate' the historical reality as well as possible! No excuses, because everything you try to simulate is documented… somewhere!"

The work of Team FoTrS is very authentic... it manages to do the best, especially when you know the technical aspect of the game and the difficulties in making mods...
I would even add for those who have stadimeter problems if the reconnaissance procedure when attacking the ship is respected it works very well...a crucial step for the attack in order to obtain speed...distance. Angle recognition of the ship via the manual etc.. the American TDC it is easier than that of the Germans.. uais: when has sh1 stop this nostalgia exceed...
Relax.... My Comment is not about those who MOD the Subsims Like you, its to those WHO DEVELOPE the subsims and ignore what was historical on Submarines. The Modders do a SUPERB Job. )

I served 20 years on REAL Submarines and Know exactly how a stadimeter works. SH1 was so accurate was used as a Training aide by me and a couple others on USS Pasadena for qualifying standing Contact Coordinator watch )) We got so good we could do the Trig in our heads; AKA "Mental Gym" our Weapons Officer was shocked how accurate a submarine game was.

Frank