View Single Post
Old 11-04-20, 09:08 PM   #2145
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by WH4K View Post
Strange that I was offered a Tench before they should be available.

Also that I wasn't sent to Pearl. Still at Midway.

I tried transferring - no transfer possible.
yes, it is a Stock issue and cannot be corrected through mod-ing. in Stock you can receive an early-release Balao because there is no Tench.

in the Tench-eligible mega-mods, the early-release upgrade can happen for both the Balao and the Tench.

the paradigm occurs when a Kaleun consistently racks up enough renown in 1944 to be upgraded out of their Gato or even a Balao to a Tench prior to its official release date which is either January or February 1945. the errors occur because even though you are awarded the boat early, some of the equipment onboard isn't available until the official release date of the boat. don't yell at me, i just the guy who did what you did a while ago.

the key is know that this can happen, know beforehand what is the official release date of the advanced boat, and then refuse the upgrade until your game date exceeds the official release date.

hopefully, you have a savegame from your previous mission so that you can replay a short amount of that mission, go home and refuse the upgrade.

p.s. you can't transfer out of Pearl because Pearl is the only base that can handle the Tench in the mod set you are playing.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote